Connecting to Sage 50cloud Accounting US
To use Sage 50cloud Accounting US edition with Credit Hound, you need to download and install the on-premise connector agent. The following video takes you through this process in less than 5 minutes. However, if you prefer to follow step-by-step instructions, you can find them below the video.
How to Connect Sage 50cloud Accounting US to Credit Hound Video
Step-by-step Guide to Connect Sage 50cloud Accounting US to Credit Hound
To start using Credit Hound with Sage 50cloud Accounting US, we need to synchronize your customers and transactions with Credit Hound. To do this, you need to install the Credit Hound connector agent on to a computer running Sage 50. To do this, please follow these steps:
Configure Sage 50cloud Accounting
To allow the connector agent to get access to your accounting data, you need to enable the allow Access From Outside Sage 50 in your Sage50cloud Accounting software. If you have already done this, you will need the password you originally entered and you can skip to Download the Connector Agent below. If you haven't enabled this option, please follow these instructions:
- Run Sage 50cloud Accounting from your Start Menu or Desktop
- From the menu bar, select Maintain -> Users -> Set Up Security
- When the User Security dialog box appears, click on the Data Access/Crystal Reports tab
- Underneath Access From Outside Sage 50, select the option 'With the following login information:'
- Click the Change button
- The Set Password dialog appears. Please enter the password you want to use
- Click the OK button then click the Close button
- You may now exit Sage50cloud Accounting
Download the Connector Agent
Next we will download the connector agent using the Add Company Wizard.
- Logon to Credit Hound at https://my.credithoundcloud.com
- If this is your first time setting up Credit Hound, you will be presented with the Add Company Wizard screen
- Click the Next button
Installing the Connector Agent
The connector agent synchronizes your customers, contracts and transactions from the accounting system installed on your computer to Credit Hound in the cloud.
- You will need administrator rights to install and run the connector agent
- You only need to run the installer on one computer, which must be running Sage 50cloud Accounting
- If you have Sage 50cloud Accounting installed on a server, then we recommend installing the Credit Hound connector agent on the same server
- The computer where the connector agent is installed needs to be turned on and connected to the internet to be able to sync
- Double-click on the CreditHoundAgent installer you have downloaded
- If the User Account Control dialog appears, click Yes
- A dialog may appear asking to install Microsoft Visual C++ components. Click Install
- When the Welcome page appears, click Next >
- On the License Agreement page, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next >
- On the Ready to Install the Program page click Install
- The connector agent will now be installed on your computer
- Once the installation is complete, leave the option Launch Credit Hound Agent ticked and click Finish
- The install wizard will close and the Credit Hound Agent will run.
New Connector Wizard
After installing the software, the Credit Hound connector agent will run and automatically launch the new connector wizard. This next part takes you through the wizard which connects your accounting data to Credit Hound.
- The first screen of the wizard asks you to select your Accounting System
- Select Sage 50cloud (US edition) and click Next
- Select the version of Sage 50 Accounting you have installed and click Next
- If you have multiple companies in Sage 50, select the one you want to use with Credit Hound from the drop-down control. In this example we will use the sample company, Bellweather Garden Supply
- Click Next
- Enter the password that you have set up in Sage 50 to Allow Access From Outside. See the section above, Configure Sage50cloud Accounting, for more information on how to set up this password if you haven't done so already
- Click Next. If a message box appears saying Invalid username or password, click OK and check the password you entered is correct and try again
- We now need to log into your Credit Hound account so we can create a company and synchronize your accounting data
- Click Next
- Enter the email address and password you used to sign up to Credit Hound and click Sign In
- This screen shows the company details we will register with Credit Hound. By default they are taken from the company you have previously selected from Sage 50. You can change any details here or fill in missing fields such as your email address, company website and telephone etc.
- Click the Next button
- Click the Finish button
Congratulations, the connector agent wizard is complete!
The wizard has created a service on your computer which will periodically synchronize your accounting data with Credit Hound. This can only happen when your computer is turned on and connected to the internet. If your Sage 50 data is stored on a server, then this computer will also need read access to that server.
A browser window should now appear which will take your new company in my.credithoundcloud.com. You may need to log in using the email address and password you used to sign up to Credit Hound.
It may take some time for your data to synchronize. Give it a few moments and refresh the screen.