Connecting to Sage 200 Professional
To start using Credit Hound with Sage 200 Professional, we need to synchronize your customers and transactions with Credit Hound. To do this, you need to install the Credit Hound connector agent on to a computer running Sage 200.
Step-by-step Guide to Connect Sage 200 Professional to Credit Hound
You can follow these step-by-step instructions to help you get up and running in less than 5 minutes:
Download the Connector Agent
- Logon to Credit Hound at https://my.credithoundcloud.com
- If this is your first time setting up Credit Hound, you will be presented with the Welcome to Credit Hound screen where you can select your time zone from the drop-down list
- Click the OK button
- You will now be presented with the Add Company Wizard screen
- Click the Next button
- Click the Download button to start downloading the connector agent installer
- Once the download has completed move on to Installing the Connector Agent.
Installing the Connector Agent
- You will need administrator rights to install and run the connector agent
- You only need to run the installer on one computer, which must have access to your Sage 200 Professional company
- We recommend installing the Credit Hound connector agent on the same server that Sage 200 Professional is installed
- The computer where the connector agent is installed needs to be turned on and connected to the internet to be able to sync
- Double-click on the CreditHoundAgent installer you have downloaded
- If the User Account Control dialog appears, click Yes
- A dialog may appear asking to install Microsoft Visual C++ components. Click Install
- When the Welcome page appears, click Next >
- On the License Agreement page, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next >
- On the Ready to Install the Program page click Install
- The connector agent will now be installed on your computer
- Once the installation is complete, leave the option Launch Credit Hound Agent ticked and click Finish
- The install wizard will close and the Credit Hound Agent will run.
New Connector Wizard
After installing the software, the Credit Hound connector agent will run and automatically launch the new connector wizard. This next part takes you through the wizard which connects your accounting data to Credit Hound.
- The first screen of the wizard asks you to select your Accounting System
- Select the Sage 200cloud option and click Next
- Select the version of Sage 200 you have installed and click Next
- Enter the details to the Microsoft SQL Server where your Sage 200 data is located so the wizard can get a list of your Sage 200 companies. The wizard will attempt to obtain these details for you but you can override these with the details of where your Sage 200 Configuration Database is held. You can choose to authenticate with the Server via Windows Authentication or SQL Authentication. If you are using SQL Authentication, please enter your SQL Server credentials in the Username and Password fields provided.
- If you have multiple companies in Sage 200, select the one you want to use with Credit Hound from the drop-down control. In this example, we will use the HomeStyle Kitchens
- Click Next
- We now need to log into your Credit Hound account so we can create a company and synchronize your accounting data
- Click Next
- Enter the email address and password you used to sign up to Credit Hound and click Sign In
- If you are linking Sage 200cloud to Credit Hound for the first time, select New Credit Hound Company and click Next.
- This screen shows the company details we will register with Credit Hound. By default they are taken from the company you have previously selected from Sage 200. You can change any details here or fill in missing fields such as your email address, company website and telephone etc.
- Click the Next button
- Click the Finish button
Congratulations, the connector agent wizard is complete!
The wizard has created a service on your computer which will periodically synchronize your accounting data with Credit Hound. This can only happen when your computer is turned on and connected to the internet. If your Sage 200 data is stored on a server, then this computer will also need read access to that server.
A browser window should now appear which will take your new company in my.credithoundcloud.com. You may need to log in using the email address and password you used to sign up to Credit Hound.
It may take some time for your data to synchronize. Give it a few moments and refresh the screen.