Configure a Collection Path
The configuration screen for the Collection Path allows you to setup the sequence of steps to automatically chase your customers outstanding invoices, with the ability to tailor the tone and content of the emails for each step by editing the pre-defined email templates. You can also schedule when you would like the Collection Path to send the automated emails.
Enabling and disabling a Collection Path
On the Collection Paths list page, the switch control in the ENABLED column to the right of the Collection Path's Name allows you to turn this collection path on or off.
Turning on a Collection Path starts the automatic chasing process. Credit Hound will assign the steps you have defined to transactions that match the criteria you have set in this collection path.
Turning off a Collection Path stops automatic chasing for that path. The following notification bar may appear if all of your Collection Paths are turned off:
You can clear the notification by clicking on the X symbol in the corner.
|Name||The name you assign this collection path. This is displayed in the collection path list, and beside the transactions it is assigned to.|
|Description||Your own friendly description of this collection path.|
This is the time that the emails will be automatically sent out everyday. It is recommended that this time should be set during your normal working hours.
You can set the minimum and maximum transaction amount and outstanding transaction amounts here. Any invoice falling outside of these ranges will be not be assigned to this collection path. All values are in base currency.
Send out chasing emails only if the transaction amount is
|At least||The invoice should be at least this amount to be assigned to this collection path.|
|To at most||The invoice should be less than or equal to this amount to be assigned to this collection path. If you do not require a maximum amount, you can leave this value blank. This means any invoice over the minimum transaction amount will be assigned to this collection path.|
Send out chasing emails only if the outstanding transaction amount is
|At least||The invoice's outstanding amount should be at least this amount to be assigned to this collection path.|
|To at most||The invoice's outstanding amount should be less than or equal to this amount to be assigned to this collection path. If you do not require a maximum amount, you can leave this value blank. This means any invoice over the minimum outstanding transaction amount will be assigned to this collection path.|
The filters are evaluated together, which means you can set a transaction amount threshold combined with an outstanding transaction amount threshold. If you do not require a minimum or maximum amount, you can leave one or both of the fields empty.
A collection sequence is a series of actions that take place over a period of time, based from the date an invoice is due.
Adding an Action Step
- Click on the + icon at the bottom of the sequence.
- The Send Email Activity dialog box appears.
- In the Action Name field, enter a brief description of this action. E.g. Friendly Reminder Email
- In Scheduled for enter the number of days before or after the due date you want the invoice to be sent. Numbers should be positive.
- Select when you want the email to be sent from the drop down. All dates are based from the invoice due date.
Before Due Date Sends the email 'n' number of days before the invoice is due. Choose the number of days in the No. Days field. On Due Date This will send the email on the date the invoice is due. The No. Days field will become disabled since it has no meaning for this option. After Due Date Sends the email 'n' number of days after the invoice is due. Choose the number of days in the No. Days field.
- From Use template, select the predefined email template to use. The Subject and body will show the email content from the email template you have configured. See the Managing Email Templatesarticle for more details.
- If you do not want to use a predefined template and want to customise the email, select Don't use template. You can then then add and edit the email content in the email editor.
- Click the Add An Action button.
Removing an Action Step
- Click on the ellipsis (...) in the top-right corner of the action you want to remove.
- When the remove confirmation dialog appears click Remove.
- The action has been remove from the sequence.