Connecting to Sage 200 Professional
To start using Credit Hound with Sage 200 Professional, we need to synchronize your customers and transactions with Credit Hound. To do this, you need to install the Credit Hound connector agent on to a computer running Sage 200.
Step-by-step Guide to Connect Sage 200 Professional to Credit Hound
You can follow these step-by-step instructions to help you get up and running in less than 5 minutes:
- Credit Hound Cloud needs to know where your Sage 200 Configuration database is held. You will need to enter this Server name when going through the connector agent wizard. This will allow you to get a list of your Sage 200 companies.
- SQL Authentication needs to be enabled on the SQL Server.
- You will need details of a Windows or SQL Server user that has access to the Sage 200 Configuration database (with db_datareader rights) and has permissions to create a new SQL user in SQL Server. These details will only be used to create a new SQL Server user login but won't be stored by Credit Hound Cloud.
- Tip: If using a Windows user, you could logon to the SQL Server with your Windows account first to ensure you have the correct privleges.
- You will need administrator rights to install and run the connector agent. The agent must be installed on the same server where Sage 200 Professional is installed with access to your Sage 200 Professional Configuration database and Company database.
- The computer where the connector agent is installed needs to be turned on and connected to the internet to be able to sync.
Download the Connector Agent
- Logon to Credit Hound at https://my.credithoundcloud.com
- If this is your first time setting up Credit Hound, you will be presented with the Welcome to Credit Hound screen where you can select your time zone from the drop-down list
- Click the OK button
- You will now be presented with the Add Company Wizard screen
- Click the Next button
- Click the Download button to start downloading the connector agent installer
- Once the download has completed move on to Installing the Connector Agent.
Installing the Connector Agent
The connector agent synchronizes your customers, contracts and transactions from the accounting system installed on your computer to Credit Hound in the cloud.
- You will need administrator rights to install and run the connector agent
- You only need to run the installer on one computer, which must have access to your Sage 200 Professional company
- We recommend installing the Credit Hound connector agent on the same server that Sage 200 Professional is installed
- The computer where the connector agent is installed needs to be turned on and connected to the internet to be able to sync
- Double-click on the CreditHoundAgent installer you have downloaded
- If the User Account Control dialog appears, click Yes
- A dialog may appear asking to install Microsoft Visual C++ components. Click Install
- When the Welcome page appears, click Next >
- On the License Agreement page, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next >
- On the Ready to Install the Program page click Install
- The connector agent will now be installed on your computer
- Once the installation is complete, leave the option Launch Credit Hound Agent ticked and click Finish
- The install wizard will close and the Credit Hound Agent will run.
New Connector Wizard
After installing the software, the Credit Hound connector agent will run and automatically launch the new connector wizard. This next part takes you through the wizard which connects your accounting data to Credit Hound.
- The first screen of the wizard asks you to select your Accounting System
- Select the Sage 200cloud option and click Next
- Select the version of Sage 200 you have installed and click Next
- Enter the details to the Microsoft SQL Server where your Sage 200 Configuration Database data is located so the wizard can get a list of your Sage 200 companies.
- Server Name: This is your SQL Server. If this is a SQL Server named instance, please enter the server name followed by a backslash (\) and the instance name. E.g. SQLDB01\Sage200
- Configuration Database Name: This is usually Sage200Configuration. If your Configuration Database is named differently, enter that name here.
- The wizard will attempt to obtain these details for you but you can override these with the details of where your Sage 200 Configuration Database is held.
- You can choose to authenticate with the Server via Windows Authentication or SQL Authentication. If you are using SQL Authentication, please enter your SQL Server credentials in the Username and Password fields provided.
Whether you use Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication, please ensure the user has access to your Sage 200 Configuration Database (db_datareader rights) and has high enough privileges to create users in SQL.
Note: Credit Hound Cloud does not store the credentials that you enter here. They are just used for creating the relevant user login and assigning the correct permissions on your Sage 200 Company database.
If in doubt, please contact your IT team or Sage Business Partner for the credentials and details.
- If you have multiple companies in Sage 200, select the one you want to use with Credit Hound from the drop-down control. In this example, we will use the HomeStyle Kitchens
- Click Next
- We now need to log into your Credit Hound account so we can create a company and synchronize your accounting data
- Click Next
- Enter the email address and password you used to sign up to Credit Hound and click Sign In
- If you are linking Sage 200cloud to Credit Hound for the first time, select New Credit Hound Company and click Next.
- This screen shows the company details we will register with Credit Hound. By default they are taken from the company you have previously selected from Sage 200. You can change any details here or fill in missing fields such as your email address, company website and telephone etc.
- Click the Next button
- Click the Finish button
Congratulations, the connector agent wizard is complete!
The wizard has created a service on your computer which will periodically synchronize your accounting data with Credit Hound. This can only happen when your computer is turned on and connected to the internet. If your Sage 200 data is stored on a server, then this computer will also need read access to that server.
A browser window should now appear which will take your new company in my.credithoundcloud.com. You may need to log in using the email address and password you used to sign up to Credit Hound.
It may take some time for your data to synchronize. Give it a few moments and refresh the screen.